I ALMOST ENDED IT



I ALMOST ENDED IT
AN AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL INCIDENT
by: DONESA RHAE AZCUNA

          "I'm tired." I claimed.

          My sixth grade was a very hectic and stressing year. I often got sick because of activities and practices. My mind was often drained because of upcoming exams and projects. It was at the very end of the year when I called my mother one afternoon.

          "My (Mommy), I'm tired." I cried, "I don't want to got to school anymore." I wept.


          "You really want to give up school when it is already at the end of the year?" My mother said with a worrying tone.

          "I don't know." I said unsure with my decision. Then, I faced the mirror crying.

          "You just have to think of me, your father, and your sisters. What are we going to do when you stop schooling?" My mother asked, making me feel really guilty. I wiped my tears and thought all consequences if I stop studying. All different kinds of ideas appeared before me while I'm lying on my mattress. 

          I waited for my mother to come home and I cried in her warm arms. She said it was okay and that I have to take up all courage to finish school. From then on, my family's future will always come first and as long as my family supports and loves me, I will continue to strive on and continue on with my education. God has given me numerous gifts to achieve my dreams. So I must move forward.

Comments