MY FAMILY DAY

          "Family United in Love" was Asian College of Technology's family day theme which was held last January 27 with all students and parents together with the school teachers and administration.


A picture with my mom after our registration.

          When we arrived in school, we had first done our registration. We came in at 12:50 p.m. After, we had received two bingo cards which were going to be used later. Then, my mom and I changed into our family day t-shirts and just right outside of the restroom, our first picture of the day was taken. 
          The program started with a mass. The mass was all about family. After the mass, we had not wasted our time and started the presentation of each grade level and each level had shown their own concept of united love.


          In the middle of presentations, Sir Bebot Abellanosa, school's founder, gave his inspirational speech and greetings for the students and parents. After, we continued with the performances and it ended with VDC dance group's intermission number. 
          After all performances, "Hot Mama and Hot Papa" pageant competition was held for the preschool to grade 6 parents. Each level showed an enthusiastic aura, poise and walk. They had the judges in awe. 





A picture with my close friend, Hanna Alusin, and my mom and sister.

         After the performances, we started the raffle. The first batch of winners received grocery package and my friend, Hanna Alusin won one. Then, as time goes by we didn't realize it was already dinner time.
          

A picture with my mom and I having an enjoyable dinner.

          When we had dinner, various dishes were seen on the table. As for our level, we dishes like lechon, chicken drumsticks, sweet and sour pork and more. We also had salad for dessert.
          After the dinner, we had announced winners for the best performance, booths and family day t-shirt. In the t-shirt competition, we had come at 4th place. We also had the second round of winners for the raffle. 
          After the raffle, "I got it from my Mama/Papa" talent showdown was held for both parents and students of the junior high school. Each representative showed a performance of dance and singing. After, the talent showdown, we had announced the third and fourth batch. 
          The coordinators of the event had the decided that the prizes for the bingo would be raffled since it would waste a lot of time. The third batch of winners received appliances for their prize and the fourth received money.
          After the raffle, they had announced the winner for the "Hot Mama/Papa" and "I got it from my Mama/Papa" competitions. For the "Hot Mama/Papa", the parents from grade 3 won because they showed off how they can pull off the color pink with their poise and aura. For the "I got it from my Mama/Papa", the grade 9 level won, which was represented by Dave Deguinon, her mother and her sister. They showed off a fantastic dance performance, in which you can question her mother, "Is she really a mother?" They pulled off hard dance moves and great expressions.
          We went home just right after the program. There was still disco left, but we decided that we would have our own family disco at home.

          It was a tiring, but an enjoyable day. I enjoyed being with my classmates and my teachers. They are my second family. I enjoyed the day the most with my family and at the end of the day I can truly say, "We are one big united family."


Comments