GOLDEN LIONS WINS TYPING MASTER TOURNAMENT


Golden Lions representatives Frederick James Lim and Mary Ann Monte took the title of Typing Master champions of both girls and boys category last November 28 during the Asian College of Technology (ACT) Intramurals 2019 at the ACT Computer Laboratory.


Frederick James Lim, grade 10 students, wins with an average of 87 points.

“Whenever I’m on a typing tournament, my focus is glued on the words and my hands do all the work,” He said, “I’ve memorized the layout of the keyboard ages ago, so I don’t even need to look at any of the keys anymore.”

He also stated that he felt satisfied when he won since he finally flaunted a talent of his and had confirmed that he is actually good at something.

Mary Ann Monte, grade 7 student, was declared champion after the other competitors were forfeited after the third and last call of the tournament.

Monte said, “I feel like I wasn't deserving of the reward but I'm very happy to bring back an award for my mom.”

Their team moderator, Jacqueline Sampaga said, “I was so happy and proud of them.”

Here is the list of Typing Master winners:

Girls
Champion: Mary Ann Monte (Golden Lions)

Boys
Champion: Frederick James Lim (Golden Lions)
1st Place: Frederick Justin Lim (Black Panthers)
2nd Place: Godwin Labaya (Blue Phoenix)
3rd Place: Lindy Cairo (Red Falcons)

Comments