The Home Buddies: #AsianistaFamilyConnectedByHeart

     "Family connected by heart". A simple phrase we can say and maybe we can even remember. Even if we are miles away from each other, we can still feel each other's presence through our minds and, especially, our hearts. The Asianista family has a bond that no one could compare. We've been through thick and thin and we're still here standing as one. The pandemic proved that obstacles don't matter because the Asianista family is like a wall, strongly built to stand still and overcome together whatever troubles one has.  Thus, although miles away from each other, the Asianista family is always connected by the heart. 



    

    "There is no place like home." Presenting the Azcuna family. The pandemic had the whole family stay at home. Mom and Dad got a rest from work and had been working from home. As classes started late, my sisters and I had nothing to do aside from being eating and sleeping. It was a new sight to see, as I could remember, it felt like a splash, seeing Mom and Dad wake you up and eat breakfast together with my sisters.

    The pandemic, for us, is a blessing in disguise. So many things had changed in the course of how many months of being together at home. That is why the theme we chose for our portrait is "Home Buddies". The portrait reflected how we became closer in a span of nine months. Before, my mom and dad would be out of the house while we are still sleeping. The three of us would be busy preparing stuff for school. When everyone got home, each one had something to be busy with. 

    But, within those nine months, everything changed drastically. My Mom and Dad would be the ones to cook a yummy breakfast for us. After, my sisters and I would play, laughing our hearts out. In the afternoon, my mom would cook some snacks for us, like french fries. We would watch movies together, play board games and charades all night, then talk about our day during dinner. I am starting to be open to my mom. Every worry I have, she's the one to go to. My sisters and I rarely fight, we even would prank our parents together. My dad, together with us, would follow some Zumba dances answer riddles, too. 

    So much happened in just a short time. In that short time, I realized we became home buddies. A family who just have fun without worrying about a thing. A family who would do almost everything together, just like buddies. We became home buddies because we are each other's home. We had just proven that "Love builds a happy home."

Comments